This years’ Girls Active Awards have proved more competitive than ever with more schools submitting entries across the country for the five award categories.
This years’ shortlist has now been announced:
- Sian Wright from Wexham Secondary School in Slough
- Izzy King from Cambourne Village College in Cambridge
- Louisa Meehan from Wadebridge School in Cornwall
- Leah Sibley from Vandyke Upper School in Leighton Buzzard
- Aliyah Olajide from Durants School in Enfield
- Calla Crome from Cambourne Village College in Cambridge
- Eve Andrews from from John Colet School in Wendover, Aylesbury
- Hadiya Akbar from Pendle Vale College in Nelson, Lancashire
- Avani Burmi from St Michael’s Catholic School in High Wycombe
- Emily Brockelsby from Ivanhoe College in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
- Roxanne Pegg from Bluecoat Wollaton Academy in Nottingham
- Batoull Misurati from Manor Academy in Sale
- Evelyn Davies from The Redhill Academy in Nottingham
- Rhea Groves from Slated Row School in Milton Keynes
- Grace Bateman from Lancaster Girls Grammar School
- Hatton Girls Active from Sir Christopher Hatton Academy in Wellingborough
- Great Marlow School from Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- Pittville Sports Ambassadors from Pitville School in Cheltenham.
- LGA’s GLAM Squad from Lord Grey Academy in Bletchley, Milton Keynes
- Amira, Ava and Malaika at School 21 in Stratford, East London
- Grace Martindale from Clavering Primary School in Hartlepool
- GT from Shiney Row Primary School in Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne and Wear
- Jessica Lowery from Burradon Community Primary School in Cramlington, Tyne and Wear
- Darcey Phillips from John Wilkinson Primary School in Broseley, Shropshire
- Sanjana Chopra from Graiseley Primary School in Wolverhampton
The Girls Active judging panel are now deciding on their winning nominees who will be announced at the awards ceremony on November the 6th at the Houses of Parliament.
Winning candidates will be contacted via their nominators in the next two weeks to make arrangements for the awards ceremony.